Saturday, November 21, 2015

She's My Inspiration


I felt like I am obliged to write about some leader or some sort as my influential or inspiration person in life but the person who inspires me the most is my girlfriend.

Unlike most Polytechnic graduates who furthered their studies right after graduation or completing national service, I chose to enter the workforce. I was clueless but I wanted to explore options of working in a different industry not related to my qualifications. It was about at that period of time where I got to know my girlfriend.

Her name is Daeul. I have never met someone who is so dedicated in the things that they do. I am impressed by that. She even took a leave of absence from university to prepare for the national examination to be a public officer. While some of her friends had already graduated, she chose to sacrifice graduating with her batch. She is very meticulous in her plans for her future. I was inspired by that and wanted to replicate it. Attending university in Singapore Institute of Technology was one of my inspired decisions. Despite earning a decent income for the past two years, I made a sacrifice for a better future.

Studying is definitely not my forte but ever since I knew her, I find myself spending more time with the books than my game console. I am not sure if it is the peer pressure from school but I will always try my best to keep up. Despite Daeul having an excellent command in the English language, she always try to improve her proficiency in English. We could have talked to each other in English but her efforts has inspired me to learn a new language so that I can express myself better to her in her native language, Korean.

The last time I met her was about 8 months ago. It is definitely difficult to sustain a long distance relationship but the efforts by the both of us have inspired us to work towards a bright future together. Once again, I am inspired to do well for my upcoming examinations because what comes next is our long awaited meeting.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Radhi, for sharing this portrait of your girlfriend. It's nice to know that she has inspired you, and that together you too really motivate each other, even while the distances are there! Do you communicate via facebook, skype, or how?

    The whole is greater than the sum of the parts? I guess you are finding out how true that can be.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the mentioned above. Most of the time on Skype if we intend to do see each other.

      Definitely the whole is greater than the sum of parts! Thank you Brad

      Delete
    2. Nowadays one can also do video on facebook, right? I'm starting to find that easier than even using skype when my wife & kids are back in the Philippines or when I wanna chat with my family and friends in the US and elsewhere. :)

      Delete
  2. so cute!!! stay strong raddae couple!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi radhi!

    This is such a sweet dedication post. Stay strong in your relationship and stay motivated to do well ok! Goodluck for your exams.

    Nurul.

    ReplyDelete